Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Volleyball, Football and more Volleyball - Week of 9/29 to 10/4

Last Thursday the 29th Gaby got to travel to Blanding for the big rival game which was made even worse by the fact that we were their homecoming game. The Lady Devils had a rocky start by losing their first two games to Blanding but with our amazing crowd, which was probably just as big as their crowd, and the girls heart we managed to pull an upset and win the next 3 games to beat the Broncos on their home court. Now I know this post is not going to please everyone, especially those that I'm related to but I have to tell you that it was the most exciting game I have been to in a long time. I just can't help it if I'm a Devil through and through. ;)

Trea also travel for football this last Saturday playing in Cortez which was also an amazing game. Our defense was amazing. We had these little guys that were hitting like they didn't realize the person across from them was a good 50 lbs heavier then them. Trea had some awesome tackles and is just really fun to watch. We ended up losing the game in overtime but all in all it was a really great game and I was glad I got to go and watch him play.

Jade had a volleyball game last night and she did a really good job. Her serves are awesome. In fact I don't think there is a person in her league that can pass one back. I think they just hope that she hits the ball out or in the net so they can get a side out which hardly ever happens. All I can say is that it's a good thing they only let each player serve 3 points or it may just be a complete shut out. She is also really good at following the pass and getting the ball to the setter which the rest of the team doesn't really know what to do with yet, but at least she knows that is what you're suppose to do in volleyball. Jade's team won their match in two games so that makes a 2-0 record for their team.

I really do love watching my kids play their different sports. They really seem to enjoy themselves and it really is a blast seeing your kids have fun doing what they love. That's all folks, until next time. ;D